What is a Competency?
Competencies can be defined as the capability to apply or use a set of skills that are success factors for an organization. Employees need more than just skills; they need to be able to apply these skills together to perform a function. Competencies are developed in alignment with the overall business goals. Developing competencies that align with business goals ensures that the organization hires and retains employees with the ability to demonstrate the skills needed to achieve organizational goals.
Access the Podcast to Learn Why Competencies are Important and How They Impact Performance and Business Goals.
You will learn:
- What a competency is
- Why competencies are so important
- How competencies differ based on job role and level
- The relationship between competencies and skills
- How competencies change over time
- What happens when you have employees who don't have the right competencies.
Listen to Your Free Podcast!